Our International curriculum is language learning along with knowledge enhancement of the culture of other countries. Increasingly languages are beneficial to workplace and University entrance.
In International at Humphrey Perkins, we have a highly qualified and committed team of Modern Languages teachers, with both GCSE and A-Level experience. Our philosophy is simple; engaging, challenging and motivating lessons with high expectations. A Modern Foreign Language is viewed as an important qualification by colleges, universities and employers and we are committed to giving your child the best opportunity to succeed at GCSE.
Our classrooms are already very well equipped with a diverse range of up-to-date resources, projectors, audio and interactive whiteboards. An on-going programme of further modernisation will continue to improve the facilities with cutting edge audio-visual equipment integrated with teacher and learner iPads.
Learning a language is second nature and our approaches work around any preconceptions to the contrary. We have the right atmosphere, the right relationships and the right teachers to aim high. We also have the tools and technology to support the process of language learning.
Pupils in Year 7 study either French or Spanish and in Year 8, pupils will be introduced to a second foreign language. Pupils embark upon their GCSE / FCSE course in Year 9.
During Years 7 and 8, pupils develop their linguistic and grammatical skills by exploring the languages through various themes.
The themes covered are my involvement with:-
- the world
The topics and grammar taught within these themes cover the basic requirements essential to ensure success in moving to Key Stage 4. References and links to the culture are made throughout the course.
Pupils are given the opportunity to visit some of the key European cities that will enhance their cultural awareness and develop their linguistic competence. During residential trips to Paris and Barcelona they will experience a full itinerary, which incorporate tours of iconic sites and landmarks, which support cross curricular learning links with art, history and science.
- Le Stade de France is one for the sports fans. The biggest stadium in France, a site that has hosted the World Cup and many other great sporting events.
- The Louvre - One of the most famous Art Galleries in the world today. Here our pupils will see some of the finest art; masterpieces such as The Mona Lisa.
- Cite des Science et de L'Industrie - At Humphrey Perkins we firmly believe in delivering a broad, balanced curriculum. Therefore, whilst in Paris, our pupils will visit one of the largest Science museums in the world.
- Disneyland Paris - No trip to Paris would be complete without a visit to Disneyland Resort Paris. This is for our pupils to wind down and relax after 4 days of linguistic and cultural immersion.
- Camp Nou -The largest football stadium in Europe.
- La Sagrada Familia - The astonishing unfinished church in Barcelona, which was designed by Gaudí.
Contact emails and numbers